Sunday, March 7, 2010

We Are the World -YouTube

I've always known that there was a certain measure of luck behind those who become starts.  I mean nothing against them.  I just know so many really talented people. 

Just as the web democratizes information, so too (it seems) it democratizes talent.  The original "We are the World" was a hit when I was in college (and yes, some us actually wore those hair styles....well, maybe not the Cindy Loper --and she had the best).  That was the era of Michael Jackson's Thriller.  This time the song was re-cut by a new set of artists (I downloaded it but have yet to actually view it).  AND, a second new-version, or a third-total version (are you keeping count) has appeard.

This version is a compilation of YouTube signing stars (OK, honestly, I did not know there was such a thing).  It is really cool, not just because these people can sing, but because of the way it was made:  Your computer is not just a machine, it's a portal to the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment